Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tool 5

I really liked tikatok.com.  I think this would be great for kindergarten because it has a lot of book already laid out and the children just have to fill in things to make it their own.  It also gives the students an option to start from scratch.  Our students would love to publish their writer's workshop books here.  It also gives you an option to buy an e-copy and a hard copy of the book you created, which I am sure parents would want.

http://www.tikatok.com/view/book/best-friends-2591


I love bookr.  I think it is much easier for  kindergarteners to use than tikatok.com.  I think I will use this when we study mammals.  I know the children would love to publish a book on bookr and I could share it on my blog.  The only problem with bookr is in order to find the pictures, you must spell correctly when typing in the tags.  Since many kindergarteners spell based on sound, this would be an issue for them.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas on book creation for your kinders. I know I have used them with the kinders in the library at the end of the school year and they are very motivated. I think maybe charting some ideas for books they would like to use ahead of time with correct spellings might help. I love the idea of embedding the books for parents to see in your blog. Printing is a pain to do with this tool as you have to screen save every page first...an impossibility with the number of students. Embedding is the answer. I agree.

    ReplyDelete